29.1.08

Learning To Laugh

"A funny thing happened on the way here....."
This, my friends, will be the first line of my Eulogy, and since we all know she'll still be alive, I'm gonna have Phyllis Diller read it. Tragedies and relatives included, my life up to this point has been pretty eventful, and on top of that... pretty damn funnny. Of course any of you that might have glanced at a Psych 101 textbook will know right away the real story...... the REAL reason why I've been so reluctant to write about my life. Humor is a theater mask, especially for anyone who suffers from depression. Humor however, has been the healing salve..... the "castor oil" of my life, and I'll continue to drink it down for as long as I can. Learning to laugh has been an adventure. Learning to laugh.... something that should be so easy shouldn't require lessons.
Anyhow, this is where I'll start..... I'm gonna write my eulogy..... unedited, veins exposed. I'm not sure how it'll turn out or what dark secrets I might discover about myself, but thats part of the journey. Stay tuned!!

No comments: