Although I didn't get any really great shots outside, I did manage to remember to take a few pics of a really incredible day!! Sat morning started out at 59 degrees and just kept getting better. Steve and I cleaned house for awhile getting ready for some friends who were coming to visit later.
What was supposed to be an overcast and possibly rainy day turned out to be sunny and warm.The day wouldn't be normal if I didn't have to run to the store for some last minute things, and when I returned Jon and Steph had just called from down at the river. Perfect timing!!! See, they like to take their dogs hiking first and then swing by here.... sometime for short visits and other times for dinner. I wish they'd hike more often because we really enjoy their company.This time they brought both Turk and Beau. Turk used to be our pup until Blaze started having all kinds of issues and we thought it best to make him an only child, so we adopted Turk out to Jon and Steph. I swear they were sent from heaven, because I never saw Turk as happy as he is with them. Turns out Blaze was just angry and Turk wasn't the cause of it at all. It all worked out in the end. So.... Jon and Steph got here.... we sat outside for most of the afternoon just enjoying the sun. I fixed us Shrimp/bacon/beef kabobs with fennel/onion and squash.... marinated in my secret sauce. Oven roasted potatoes with caramelized onions and ice cream for dessert. After dinner we sat inside playing Cranium. This of course was a challenge game since Steve and Jon beat Steph and I last time. Now mind you, it's been 5 hrs and a couple bottles of wine later for Steve and Steph. Jon and I stuck to ice tea, but Steve's a .... how should I put it..... a seasoned drinker.... Steph is not, so I already had a handicap!!! Well let me tell you... I'll take her drunk as a partner anytime. She might not have been able to remember answering any questions, but she got 'em right!!! WOOHOO... Way to go Steph!!!! I must admit.... It was quite entertaining to see Steph drunk. Especially when we watered down her wine.... and she thought it was the ice cream that made it taste so foul. I'm not sure what the expression on Jons face was, but I laugh every time I look at it. "for better or worse", Jon.... LOL
It got a little unpredictable from time to time, but she pulled through.
You'd think Turk never left the way he crashed on the couch. He was so relaxed and so was Beau....
He couldn't quite get his mouth around the bone, but once he got it where he wanted it..... no other dog was gonna take it!!!
The day, the visit, the friends, the food, the fun....... it was all so unbelievably awesome!! Steve and I haven't laughed so hard and so much in such a long time. I hope we can plan something with them again soon. It's always too long between visits. Happy Spring Everyone!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment