3.11.08
It was a Simple Decision
Election day is almost upon us. Will we suffer at the hands of the wealthy Republicans another 4 years or will justice finally prevail in the White House.
It sickens and saddens me to know anyone actually supports McCain and that cow he chose for VP. Haven't we as a nation suffered enough at the hands of G. W. .... I don't even want to type his name.
Christians are worried the Dems will remove their precious "god" from schools and money. Who cares? If they were truly spiritual then nobody could EVER take their god away from them.
Then there's all the other preposterous reasons for being afraid of Democrats.
They'll raise taxes, they'll give all our money to the poor, and worst of all they'll make it ok for FAGS to get married.
Let me get this "straight" (sorry for the pun) right now.
I don't support Gay Marriage. Why in the hell would I EVER want to be like most of the married people I know????? Plus, traditional "marriage" takes place in a church and that's the absolute LAST place I ever want to share my vows of commitment.
Now, Equal Rights, legally married, that's different.
Just like married couples who get tax breaks and cheaper insurance or Insurance at all, for that matter.... Gay couples should also qualify for these rights. Oh but wait.... if they allow fags to marry the next thing you know people will want to marry their dogs. I would love to meet the asshole that said that!!
More importantly, AND more personally, should I be hospitalized and near death, I pity the person or family member that would stand in Steves way of being with me. I pity them, because I would recover just to kick their ass..... over and over and over.
God-Damn-It..... Yes, that topic pisses off, but after tomorrow, YES after tomorrow.... we'll be on a new path. For the last 8 years we have endured the most oppressive government and sorry excuse for a president this country has EVER had to suffer. America has fallen into a deep depression and it will take Huge Change to overcome what the Republican Party has done to destroy our Pride and invade our privacy.
I don't care about your god, or your guns, or your racist issues.
The time has come for this country to move forward. Old school and old party issues are a thing of the past.
I said it was a simple decision. It was really. I was never a supporter of the Iraq war. We went after Bin Laden and he wasn't in Iraq. Billions and billions of American dollars have been spent by Him
So, when I went to vote, it was a simple decision............ to bring our troops home.
McCain wasn't going to do that. At least there's a chance that Obama might try.
I don't know what to say anymore when I run into McCain or Idiot supporters. I just shake my head in disbelief. I thought it was a given that Obama was the ONLY option.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Damn you!!! I forgot to take a picture of that tree and now you've gone and taken a beauty and when I get back next weekend that tree will be nekked...grr!! (Nice shot, friend!!)
Here's hoping that everyone who votes makes their vote from an INFORMED standpoint, a vote that really reflects the better choice, and NOT a reactionary vote based merely on opposition to having a "black man" in office. What century is this, anyway, that this would still be an issue?
Down County has come a long way since we were kids, a long way, I will say that. And yes, I appreciate that my husband and son are finally welcome in the family now, just as it is a relief to see that those relatives who entered bi-racial relationships after me had a MUCH easier time than I endured. That speaks volumes in and of itself!
However, race is not the only issue here, and Americans need to vote separate from the appearances or excuse of race. Americans need to look at the issues in this election, and know what they are voting for. Not to vote for someone because he is a black man is just plain ridiculous and backwards!
Dean has made a lot of great points in these blaghs. Perhaps the most telling of human nature is the "what if" one, about what if the roles were reversed. "What if" Palin was black? Would she have been embraced so quickly, with her family situation and all the baggage she brings to the table? We all know the answer to that! And for heaven's sake, is she supposed to represent women in America? McCain did himself a disservice by hastily choosing a running mate based on appearances rather than qualifications, what will surely prove to be the biggest flaw in his campaign.
The votes are coming in, Obama will be the next president.
Post a Comment