24.12.08

Christmas Memories

I would have to say my most favorite Xmas was when I was about 11 or 12 and I got a Unicycle. I had convinced myself that if I had a Unicycle and learned how to ride it well, that i would one day be able to leave home and put my new talent to use in some sort of entertainment venue. Well I DID learn how to ride it, but by the time I was old enough to leave home.... The Gong Show had been canceled. :( So instead I put another "talent" to good use and TA DA!!!!! Three beautiful children later, I had this!! I have to say, they're much better than a prize on the gong show. Still, it would have been nice to win that prize!!! My kids aren't this little anymore, although they're all still as sweet as they seem in the pic. In fact, I'm an old man, my kids are grown and having kids of their own. I do enjoy looking back from time to time though. Innocence CAN be captured in the lens. Unfortunately modeling wasn't an early career choice for me. Often, the camera STILL catches me with that vacant look. Since I was just under two at the time of this photo, I can easily explain my blank stare as curiosity. Nowadays it's mostly me wondering why I allowed anyone with a camera into my home. I really don't like having my picture taken. I do believe it's genetic. Enough about Xmas Past.... I'd like to wish everyone a Wonderful Holiday and I hope your New Year is peaceful and filled with one joyful moment after another! Merry Holidays 2008

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deany!!

That was such a funny photo of u as a lil pup! err... i mean kid!

Merry Xmas to you and Steve!!!!!!

We love you guys so much. Its great to have such close dear friends we know we can ALWAYS call and talk to in the best and the worst of times.
Thank you from me to u especially for the help you gave me (you know what) and advice about 3 months ago..

take care and im sure c ya soon..
jon..

p.s. im sure ive met just about everyone else who posts on here so merry christmas to you all as well!

Virginia said...

Thanks for sharing for Christmas! THOSE were the days! but, THESE are the DAYS!!!! xoxo

Here's to many, many more!

Your kids and grandkids are lucky to have you and Doc...

as are all the rest of us!

Merry Christmas to Jon & Steph, also! ;)