14.1.09

The Sun's Still Shining!!

Here it is the 14th of January and although we're about to embark on a historical adventure, I need to address a few other issues before I get too excited and forget!! My previous post may have seemed a tad bit dark. The holidays had just come to a screeching halt and I had managed to capture at least one germ from every coughing, sneezing, wheezing, hacking person that had stayed here with us over new years, so next visit they all get surgical masks!! With an empty house, a fresh head cold and Steve gone back to work, I settled in for the gloomy and sometimes nauseating job of UN-Decorating and washing and cleaning up after weeks of busy busy busy. Mind you, I'm doing this with a head as big as a basketball and every time I lean forward, my forehead explodes. Needless to say really, but these tasks took over a week, because the best way for me to deal with a cold like this is to bury it under a pillow.... which I did for several days. I almost forgot... before all the visits and decorations and FOOD, I had actually taken myself to the emergency room with what I was sure was a mild heart attack. After all the ekg's and blood work and xrays... they sent me home with meds for acid reflux. Hmmmmm??? I've since seen another doctor and I'm being scheduled for a heart stress test. We'll see what that shows. Back to me with a cold and a house to clean. After a few days I found it harder and harder to get off the sofa. Depression is a sneaky bastard and he crept up on me while I was asleep. Mornings became evenings and routines became more tedious than ever. Even turning the dogs outside to pee had become a chore. Not to mention showering! Then there was this other thing.... It was soon to be the one year anniversary of when we lost Blaze. Sometimes it seems like he's been gone for years and then other times it feels like just a few months. I'm sure, pretty soon, we'll stop remembering him each month and it will become years and then he'll become a seldom discussed part of our past, but this year was the first. I still remember that cold morning when he and I walked his last walk..... when he looked up at us as he took that last breath. I miss him still. You can visit him here at Rainbows Bridge. Anyhow, I managed to snap out of my funk and return to the land of the pissed off. Having a Catholic Church so near by makes it easy for me to vent my aggression. I learned that having a cause often puts me back on track and tears me from the grip of that evil depression monster, and in less than a month we have our new sign out front telling all those hypocrites that attend St Peters, "No Parking"! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Of course it's only taken me four years of calling the police and photographing dumb ass drivers, and arguing with self righteous idiots and being called all sorts of names by those wonderful self proclaimed christians. We've had our property damaged and our rights violated so many times I've lost count. Most recently, our local police dept neglected to respond to our call for help with the traffic problem in front of our home, so I called the Mayor. Thus, our sign is being installed. I guess he's realizing the Big Idiot in the White House is OUTTA HERE, so he won't be able to use him any longer as an excuse for denying us our rights. For whatever reason he's finally seen the light, I'm glad, now if we can just get "HF 911" to enforce it!! My mood has improved drastically. My cholesterol level is great!! No more "acid reflux" and on top of all this..... we got called by Senator Byrd's office, letting us know we got two tickets to the Inauguration. WOOHOO. Not only do we get to see history made... we get to watch Bush do the walk of shame. I guess that's all for today, well at least this post... who knows what might inspire me in a few hours. I'm leaving all the good Inauguration stuff for a post all it's own. We're starting to hear more and more about not only the Obama's moving in, but The bush's movin out!!! The entire time Steve and I have lived here in the Ferry, we've been suffering the bush administration. Finally, there's a light in our future..... every ones future!!! The Bush regime will end when he releases his book, "Mein Kampf " . That's when even the most ignorant will see what a terrible mistake the last 8 years have been. Well, I'm off of here for now. I hope you all have a wonderful day and remember, the small joys in life are the best and rope is inexpensive!!

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Well, I, for one, am glad to see you are feeling better and able to see the light of day, finding your energy, and all that good stuff! Besides, the news in the wind is there are new puppies on the way....woo hoo! THAT should make you (and everyone who walks thru the door) smile a little bit more!