skip to main |
skip to sidebar
March 5th. Today is many things. Today is my Ex-Wife Angie's 44th birthday... Happy Birthday Angie!! I was gonna put some embarrassing photo from the past on here, but then decided to celebrate her achievements in life instead, so here are our three kids.
Cathy, Greg and Ashley. Three shining examples that good does come from unfortunate situations. I wish Angie a healthy happy 44th and many more!!
Today is also the monthly anniversary of when we lost Blaze. 14 months ago today, we said goodbye and truthfully, there isn't a day goes by that I don't think about him or talk to him.
I really miss my friend. He would have been such a help to me right now with all these puppies.
He never got to father pups of his own, but he was always willing to lay there and be chewed on or pulled on or best yet.... slept on. He was the biggest softest warmest puppy bed I could have had for all the little monsters that have made their way through this house. He never complained, but took each and every one of them in stride. Giving up his favorite spot to lay or watching as his food bowl got emptied, he always understood how to share.
BIG BIG Hugs to you Blaze. May your bed always be soft, your bowl always be full and your mind at peace. We love you.
Today is also the day I'm about to embark on a rather interesting journey.
I'm taking Dash N Roux and all ten pups for a three hour drive to go see my Mom.... overnight.
Yes, I'm packing up the Jeep with kennels and food and blankets and a crap-load of dogs and going to visit my mother. I figure, she'll either love the visit and tell everyone about how cute the pups were or she'll tell everyone about how insane I was to visit with 12 dogs that peed and crapped all over her kitchen. Either way, I'm pretty positive she's never had this many dogs in her kitchen at one time and probably never will, so I'm giving her a first this late in life... WOOHOO!!
I'm really looking forward to a 63 degree day tomorrow. I plan on letting the pups outside to play in the grass. This will be their first trip outside and it'll be interesting to see how they react to all the different textures.
They're pretty self confident, but it's obvious that ten little pups want more space and need to explore. Mamas been gone 5 days now and I believe they're over missing her.
Eating and growing almost hourly, 6 of them are already over 8lbs. Two of them are close to 9lbs. I'm not quite sure how I'll get all of them in the Jeep or how I'll even manage to drive for three hours without incident, but I'll do it.
Hopefully most of them will stay like the picture above for most of the trip and it won't be so traumatic. With my luck.... they'll not only be awake the whole time, but they'll be vomiting and pooping as well. Oh Well... such is life and I suppose if it were too easy the story wouldn't be as good later on!!! :)
Wish me luck and check back for some farm visit pictures!!!
3 comments:
oh my gosh, the puppies are HUGE!!! Can't wait to see all you guys when I get back. Hug your Mom for me!
we miss blaze too buddy.. we realy do.
hes was one of the most intimidating dogs but really just deep down mentally challenged (no realy..)
i mean even BEAU got along with him.
we miss puppieessssss
I can just imagine all them puppies running wild in Grandma's kitchen! Although, I can't quite imagine her letting them run wild, but it would be pretty funny! Sweet little peein' & poopin' puppies.
Post a Comment