I've always been a fan of quiet time with coffee, but up until now I never really understood why. I had just always taken for granted, those hallmarkesque moments with my coffee mug in hand. Now I make a point of rising with the sun just so I can be well on my way into cup three before the shrieking begins. OWWW.. OWWWW.... OWWWWW...OWWWWWW... Each step she takes from the bedroom to the kitchen is accompanied with what can only be described as the "Pay Attention To Me Howl" That's right... I know her feet hurt... I've been there.. I know, but the howling and shrieking has to be completely for attentions sake. I just don't understand the need for added Drama. Today, she refused to listen when I told her she needed to sit or lay down. So she stood about all morning..... fidgeting with tiny pieces of paper here, and folding receipts there and writing little tiny notes on little tiny pieces of paper that she would undoubtedly not be able to find later on...... Not be able to find and somehow lasso us into looking for. Meanwhile she'd be lying in her bed and pointing wildly into the air and yelling.... "listen to what I'm saying.... On The Cabinet NEXT to the empty pill bottles that I asked SOMEONE to put in the recycle bag days ago."
Tonight I sprinkled a half teaspoon of olive oil onto her salad. Halfway through dinner she informed me that she DID NOT want anymore olive oil on Anything. That it just tore up her stomach. I laughed and told her to eat it.... she needed oil to lube her old bones. For two hours after dinner she laid there and moaned holding her stomache like it was killing her.... popping tums like they were candy. When she finally quieted down I asked her if she was going to live... she just glared at me. I went out with the dogs for a walk later on and when I returned she was almost in tears ... saying how bad her feet hurt. Well, if she had listened to me this morning and stayed off her feet they wouldn't be causing her this much pain. Here's your ibuprofen.
The reason I'm here now is so that she can recover slowly and be recovered by the time I leave. If she forces herself to do too many things too soon, she'll only suffer a setback. I know it's hard to lay about all day and be waited on hand and foot, but she needs to do this.... Just this evening she dropped a mouse crumb on the floor while eating and made this big todo over it. Tom started to jump up and get it for her..... I told nim NO, to sit back down.... that we didn't clean up from under the highchair until she was completely done eating. My humor is so completely lost on them both.
Tomorrow is a new day. I'm putting her on the "new puppy pee schedule". Two hours in and an hour out. That's two hours either in bed or sitting idle in a chair. The hour out can be standing for no more than two 15 minute periods. The other half of that hour can be seated and working. I just gave the new schedule to them both.... It goes into effect tomorrow. Wish me luck......
Oh, I need to buy more Olive Oil!
3 comments:
olive oil does a body good! :)
hang in there!
oh kid, you're a trooper... I'm sure your good deed will no go unpunished, but at least it's good karma... even if you are 'torturing' your patient... you're a good Hot Lips Houlihan, my friend!
Save me! You are having too much fun I think. Can we send JR down to help??? (I'd have to check with Cathy first)
Post a Comment