June is truckin right along!!!
JR n I got the chicken coop built and the hen house built and the nesting box built.
Then we painted.... and painted and painted.
The Chickens love their new home and love that they're in it and on their way to being good layers. Six weeks old now, they should start laying sometime the last week of Sept or the 1st week of Oct.
Cathy n Bobby came up this weekend to retrieve my little helper so that he could return home in time for Camp. Seems like just yesterday he was learning how to sit up and now he's off to camp.
I really am getting old. :-(
A house full of dogs, four adults and a six yr old.
What an awesome weekend!!
Of course Ping turned out to be most everyones favorite.
A dog that was supposed to be food, dog and human aggressive sure gets along well with everyone.
So Sat. we penned up all the critters and went to a cookout/retirement/graduation party at our friend Lisas.
This party was held on their farm way the hell down in VA somewhere. I took a whole bag of bug spray and foggers and such.
Initially we were going to take the tent and all the dogs and camp over night.
90+ degree heat put an end to that idea. I just made the hour n 1/2 drive and slept in my own dry cool home. Much nicer than a mosquito infested, humid, hot tent with 5 humans and 8 dogs.
The party was great!! Great Music, Terrific Food, and interesting people to talk with.
The kids, and there were plenty of them, had crafts to do and pools (cow troughs) to play in.
JR was in heaven with all the little blond girls running about..... and he's 6 mind you.
I found a really cool mushroom and shared my knowledge of it's medicinal properties, then i promptly took a picture of it using Steve as a backdrop for the photo.... LOL!!
Mushroom Head... Mushroom Head!!!
Always worried that every one's having a good time, I could keep track of this through my camera lens. I only took about 100 pics.. 82 of which were worth keeping.
This one definitely was.... I love her smile!

Our day there ended just after this beautiful sunset. This is NOT a postcard. This is their view from their home. So peaceful......

We returned home to a house full of happy doggies, did the walk thing and we all went to bed.
Sunday would bring us another hot but beautiful day and a couple guests.
Paul n Keith came to visit and pick out the kitten they would be adopting. They chose the little gray n white girlie that looks most like the mama.
She'll have to stay here for at least two more weeks since none of them are weaned yet and there's so much the mama still needs to teach them.
Paul n Keith left for home, then soon after the kids packed up and were gone too.
Steve and I sat in the house and listened to the silence.... ahhh the silence. Doggies piled everywhere and silent.
Monday I placed Moses on the adoption list with Crested Guardians.
I love the little guy to death. I would give my life for him.
I would also give him a different life because I care that much.
Moses hates sharing the house with other dogs.
He either stays in his bed behind the chair in the corner or he's barking constantly at the dogs and their tails that are smacking him in his face.
As hard as it has been to make the decision to give him up, I know he'll be happier in a home as either an only child or with only one other dog.
My keeping him here because of how my bond with him was selfish logic.
Maybe he'll never get adopted and if that happens, then fate will have shown me he was meant to stay, but at least I tried to set him free.

Speaking of setting something free.....
Kip came home this week as well.
Kip was one of Maggie's litter that were born here on Inauguration Day 2008.
He was the tiniest of the litter and surely would have died if Steve and I had not been here to tie off the vein that was pumping blood out of his 12 oz body.
Maggie in her enthusiasm to be a Great mother.... pulled his cord from his body.
I pinched off the vein and Steve tied it with dental floss.
Problem solved!

Now 17 months later, he's a well trained and very healthy young boy.
If only his separation anxiety were as easy to fix as that vein.
Apparently Kai, as he is now called, suffers from extreme anxiety and must be medicated.
We'll see how he does with the pack for now and assess him later.

It was a difficult decision for his humans to give him up. Kai was a big part of their lives, both physically and emotionally. Just like what I am doing for Moses though, these decisions have to be made and no matter how hard the decision was, dealing with the outcome of that decision will always be harder.
Kai slept well last night and he,s been fine this morning. Well he was fine until I took the little dogs for their walk. That's when he decided to pop out the cat door and come try to find me.
When I returned home he was sitting on the front porch with a Park Ranger (not the cute one either). She just knew he was mine... apparently I have a reputation and besides some park employees had seen me out with him. I guess I'll take him with me this afternoon when I take Moses and Echo to the vet.
Wish me luck and patience. I'm his last hope. I guess that was the same for all the doggies that have come to me. LOL... me... the last hope... How funny is THAT!! Some realization for a tues.
No comments:
Post a Comment