Call me fatalistic, say I'm a drama queen...... I don't care... it never goes this well for this long.
Something is bound to bring it all crashing to the bottom of the barrel I'm oh so familiar with.
I guess until that happens, I'll keep smiling and I'll keep doing what I do, because I do it so well.
My last post here was in August right after the raid on the Pit puppy mill in Martinsburg,
I look back at my calendar and I see I've been a little busy, but how do I blog it? What's important enough in my life to warrant writing about it.
How in the hell would I even fit it all into one post......OMG!!
So I'll write about it one week at a time.
This post is August 6th to the 14th
I took 5 of the "raid" pups to the vet for a checkup.
We were there for so long, all the pups fell asleep on the table.
We also got seen by Dr Morton... not really impressed by her.
Took what results we got to BCAC and headed home with stinky babies.
The pups are not well. They're thin and vomiting with diarrhea. It's impossible to give them enough fluids.
Friday evening I took Clancy to his new family.
What a terrific fit this is for him. They love him and his new dad is short and stocky too!!! LOL!
Shadow also found a terrific family to call her own.
From being the only dog of a single man to a new Mom and two kids.
She'll be the most spoiled dog ever before long.
Way to go shadow!!!
Griz got her stitches out this week. No more kittens for her and no more cats for us.
This has been a learning experience for us. One kitty cat can seriously change the dynamic of this home.... Not good.
The puppies are very sick. I returned 5 of them to Animal Control. They went directly to the hospital and were put on IV fluids. Sunday morning we only had 4. I'm sorry baby girl, we tried but we were too late getting you out of that horrible place.
While I was at AC, I saw this lady. Annie!!!
She's pregnant and an absolute pill. Of course I brought her home and if the county gets control of the dogs soon we'll have her spayed and end the pregnancy.
Just got a call from Clancy's new family. He's in the hospital with parvo.... OMG. My stomach is sick. Such a sweet little fella and now he's on a drip in a hospital somewhere and the worst part is in their moment of despair, the couple who adopted him and are in absolute love with him, blame me. Her words...."Your neglect and improper handling of Clancy has caused this. How many other dogs are you going to try and kill before you stop what you're doing"?
I understand their pain.
So in 7 days.... 15 pups pulled from Pit Raid, 5 returned, 1 died. Shadow and Clancy adopted. Clancy diagnosed with Parvo and hospitalized. Annie pulled into rescue. 5 total trips to the vet and 3 trips to Animal Control.
I love what I do, but sometimes it's a little much. I sat this afternoon and talked with Moses.
I know he's listening, I can feel him near me. The tears still come easy at times and fortunately I have plenty of willing takers when I need to hug a puppy. What will next week bring?
No comments:
Post a Comment