28.5.08
MemoDay....Day Two!!
Monday started out as beautiful as the day before. What an absolutely gorgeous weekend!!
Today we were expecting our friends Chuck n Brandon.
Brandon was the unfortunate recipient of a scar, courtesy of Blaze, last Jan.
Yes, Brandon is the one Blaze attacked. I still believe Blaze new what he was doing, because had it not been Brandon we could still be dealing with the aftermath of a dog attack. Fortunately, Brandon is a good soul and knew Blaze was not himself, to be so aggressive.
He even likes us when we pretend to spit from our patio above him!!!
We usually reserve that tactic for ignorant tourists, but it just "came up"... LOL!
Chuck was trying to pose for the picture that Brandon was taking and I kept annoying him till he finally looked up. Chucks a great friend too even though he cooks animals for a living and has blue shoes!!
We had a most tasty lunch... partly grilled, but mostly roasted in the oven.
I totally suggest trying Fish Sauce on your next assorted veggie roast.
This may take some getting used to, since fish sauce is mainly Anchovies.
Our cats were in heaven from the fish smell and so were Dash and Takaani
We didn't share with them though, they had enough puppy treats already.
Isn't Takaani just beautiful? Why can't we find this terrific pup a good home?
Now, before SOME of you scroll down.... the next few pics are of a slithery nature.
We had this visitor late in the day and he startled me as I was taking water out for the cast-away kitties we feed. He stayed perfectly still for me to photograph, but it took a little coaxing to get him to pose!!
I waited and waited and waited and changed position and waited and waited and almost fell on him, but he just wouldn't stick that little tongue out for me.
Finally I kept tapping his tail till he turned around and shyly poked his head out from under the Ivy. I'm not sure what he was looking for.... maybe moles. He could have been after a bird too since he was directly under the bird feeder, but he needs to learn those momma birds are kick-ass when it comes to their babies.
So that was our weekend. We got to visit with another good friend Sharon, this weekend, but I didn't get her picture. We DID however get a really cool CD from her of the Dalai Lama chanting.
I hope I'm as cool as her when I grow up!!!
I hope all of you had as wonderful a weekend as we did!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment