21.6.08
Day One.... Still Smiling
Steve came wandering in around 5 pm from his first day of
Blacksmith class.I was busy working on a project of my own
and kind of cast a hello over my shoulder to him and went
back to work....That was until I heard the bubbling excitement
in his voice. He literally couldn't contain himself. Here was this
man who hadn't held a hammer in years and had NEVER
worked a forge in his life and he was so excited from this class
he had just come from that he he was glowing. Now I realize
glowing might sound kind of corny, but he was.... somewhere
behind his coal smudged face he was LIT UP!! He was also
damaged, but that just comes with the territory. Anybody
who really gets into their work will have damage. These blisters
will go away soon enough and Happy Steve would have them
replaced with calluses!!!
So, He made an "S" hook! I had teased him so badly about
the coat hook he would make and here it was.
It was accompanied by an awesome fire poker and ....well
I thought it was a spear and then I thought it was a potato
on a stick, but it
turns out.... It's a leaf.
Go figure.... who would have thought.... A Leaf!!!
So day one is finished and he's recovering on the sofa with
a few Ibuprofen. Apparently that hammer is pretty heavy
and can inflict some serious muscle strain. I don't care how
sore he is or how blistered his hands are or how amateur
his Blacksmith Projects might be to some..... what made me
happy was to see him smile. This was truly the most fun he's
had in some time and I'm glad. I can't wait to see what he
makes tomorrow!!!!
UPDATE!!!!
He Made The News... read it here!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment