6.6.08
The Takaani continuation...
Well, I'm so afraid of Jinxing myself that all I'll say about this coming weekend in this post is...... read it Monday!!!!
I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and the things that happen to us good or bad are predetermined. I'm still wondering why the last month happened!! We've had Takaani for just over 4 weeks now and the people we're meeting are some really super people. These are people that either thought about or tried to adopt Takaani. First there were the Lombardi's who after a week of "thinking" about him decided not to take him, but paid for his vet costs... Very Nice!! Then we met Melanie who already has Lenny, one of the most awesome pups in the world, but thought he might like a playmate. The two dogs got along like brothers, but on the first overnight visit, Takaani, during a walk, had a K9 altercation with a K9 neighbor.
Such a sweet face and what a terrific pal, but just like his breed suggests.... not good with anything that resembles a rabbit.... especially in the dark.
I've been performing magic tricks on a neighbor and new friends home recently. She just happens to live around the corner from Takaani's possible new mommy. Well when my phone rang at 10:42 pm last Monday, and it was Catherine calling, I never expected to hear the news she was about to give me. Max had been bitten by a neighbors large dog. She's fairly new to the area and needed an emergency vet. I tried my best to calm her down and help with what info I could recall in my half asleep state. As my head cleared and I began to realize I was actually awake and this wasn't just another nightmare, Catherine told me it was Takaani that had bitten Max.... back to my nightmare.
How Ironic that just a few days before this Her Dalmatian Jake had held me at bay in her home actually making what hair I have stand on end, and now my dog.... technically he still was.... had bitten her Max. I hung up with Catherine, got dressed and went to her house. I knew she wasn't going to sleep and neither would I knowing that.
Jake and Max are good dogs, both of them are rescues and spoiled like all dogs are that have good humans. Jake of course likes me now. That first day, when he barked and growled at me till I left his home, was because I was in his home without his mommy. According to him, I didn't belong there... end of discussion. Now he greets me at the door with a tail wag and a lick!!
Together Catherine and I assessed Max's injury and we decide he didn't need emergency care, so we made arrangements to have her drop him off with me in the morning and I'd get him to the vet when they opened.
Hillside Veterinary Hospital has terrific Vets. We've taken every one of our critters there for the past 7 yrs. For the most part, it's been a nice experience. Recently though something has happened to his front desk staff. They're always too busy bitching about a customer from earlier or bitching about one of the vets, or just bitching. They're not customer friendly, and they can NEVER find your pets file. This might be directed at me only... who knows. I did make an appt once to see DR Roberts and when she asked what the appt was for, I told her "To discuss your attitude". Most of the front desk staff need a class on how NOT to be so trailer park at work. Perhaps a GIANT SIZE bottle of MIDOL might help.
Max got seen by DR Masters, given some antibiotics and sent home. We're keeping an eye on him and he's looking good so far.
As for me... I'm taking my critters elswhere from now on. Hillside needs to improve their staff issues. There's even some vet tech like person there that's AFRAID of big dogs....... what a messed up queen!!
There were four puncture marks and one pretty big tear in his skin, but Takaani didn't go deep. I'm sure he's still wondering why those rabbits in Bolivar bark.
On my way back to Catherine's with Max, I stopped at Melanie's to fill her in on Max's injury. As I pulled up I saw her running across her neighbors front yard..... WHY???... She was chasing Takaani. He had scaled her 6 ft fence and was off on an adventure. I pulled out drove up the hill to the main rd and there he was. I opened the jeep door yelled for him to come and go for a ride and in he jumped. What a goof!!! Melanie leashed him, took him home and later that same day brought him back to us. I agree with her that she really can't take the risk of having him escape again and bite another dog or worse a small child. See, small animals and small children look alike to Malamutes. Trust me, Takaani is NOT aggressive. If he were, we'd be having a service for Max and my cats as well.
I'll close now, because come Monday I'm going to have ALL kinds of great news to tell you.
Steve and I are taking a little drive on Sunday.... with Takaani. That's all I can say though... don't want to jinx it!!!!
Have a Great Weekend!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment