30.8.08

Here's to weekends and memories!

Staycations!!!!! I'm for them now!!! Steve took a week off and we've been bustin our butts.... cleaning out the house!! Our dining room echoes now and downstairs looks like someone lives in it and doesn't just use the space for storage. Over a 1000lbs of "stuff" n "things" gone from our lives forever. :) We got our bikes back on thurs.... and a whole 5 minute ride later.... I thought I'd died. We'll get the hang of it again real soon though. Steve's almost done installing our "special" lights, and we'll be off!! Cane came and stayed the night with us. Dash loves his company... the two of them play and play and play and play.... get the picture? When they would take a break.... it was usually for quick little games of chew the bone and then I'll distract you and steal your bone and then do it over again to steal back the one I already had. The two of them are just too funny! Most of the work we've been doing has been downstairs. I truthfully thought we wouldn't have gotten this far already, but wow!! I did manage to sneak out in the back yard from time to time. The weather was so perfect the first part of the week.... until Faye arrived with tropical rain fall for us. Two days of wetness..... my yard LOVED it!!! Cool mornings with the most beautiful sunrises. Steve and I both took advantage of these awesome mornings and would sit out on the patio with our coffee. It's nice to just sit and watch the sun peek over the mountain. Wed night we took a break from our normal evening routine and went bowling with a friend of ours, Jesse. Eight yrs we've lived here and neither of us had been in the bowling alley. We're pathetic... I know, but we finally made it and we had a blast. Oh, and we were like the only people in there. we got there at 7 and were the first on a lane. 4 others arrived after us, but it wasn't the kind of bowling night I remember as a kid. I got a few ok pics.... Steve's first strike!!!! WOOHOO!! Well, right before the strike. Cheesy camera takes too long in between pics. We only played two games and Jesse beat us both times. I think I heard him mention once about being a PBA member!?!?!? Even so, I still managed to capture one of his gutter balls. I believe there were two! He moved so fast most of the time he was just a blur.... even when I wasn't looking through the camera lens. Bowling is fun but if you haven't been in 15 yrs.... you should probably warm up some first. Steve and I were in pain before the second game! Wimps. Afterwards we went into the pub and had a couple drinks and some good food and crowd watched. Me and Steve pooped out way too early for Jesse, and left him at the pub with some chips and a fresh drink. We're just so used to bedtime being no later than 10pm.... what can I say... we're country folk. So here it is Labor Day Weekend. Wow, summer is officially over. In the cleaning up and out of the basement we're coming across all our camping stuff and this of course brought back even more memories. I remember the first time we camped with our Jeep tent. It's so large we could park in it if the door were bigger. The first time we set it up we were like WTF??? After we got it up though... we never wanted to leave it!! Anyhow, here's to summer fun and home cleaning and families and pets and friends and bikes and memories and even tents in the woods. May you all be having the best Labor Day Weekend EVER!!!

No comments: