16.10.08

madness and sadness

The past two weeks have been full of all that makes life wonderful and sometimes not. It started with Moby coming home with a big ole infected injury. Her leg was swollen and oozing and needed not only our attention, but observation. Since she has a tendency to wander away days at a time, we brought all the cats in and locked the cat doors. We also had to take the other three cats to the vet that friday, so having them all indoors would make it easier to catch them. A whole week we got to listen to all 4 cats meowing and screeching at us to let them out. Mobys leg healed pretty quick considering she would immediately lick off any meds I put on her. She couldn't get rid of the ammoxicillan I made her swallow and I'm guessing that's what fixed her. We also had Roux scheduled for her spay. Poor girlie... I swear she was too young, but the vet didn't, so last thursday she got dropped off and .... well..... it's done. She came home very unhappy and not at all interested in seeing anyone or anything..... Dash included. All she wanted to do was lay around and moan. All night and all day she would just lay there and moan. Most of that time she would be in my arms or just laying beside me. I couldn't help it... she's a little girl. None of the other dogs we've ever had were girls. They all got over it and toughed it out... Roux on the other hand, totally worked it to her advantage. For future reference..... female dogs require more stitches than males do. There's more swelling, and more redness and generally MORE of everything. Poor Roux!! She got her stitches removed today... a week after her surgery. Healing great and pretty much already over any discomfort. She's a remarkable dog. Steve left this past monday for Heidelberg Germany and he'll be back tomorrow. I forgot what it was like to be here all alone.... it's been awhile since he went out of town and bottom line..... I STILL don't like it. Eating cereal all week and walking the dogs and nobody to share my daily adventures with each evening. Actually, this past week was fine. With cell phones and email it's almost impossible to not be in touch on a daily basis. Well we could if we wanted to..... NOT. I had a small burst of realization take place earlier this week too. A secret source relayed to me some very interesting information concerning my family.... quite unknowingly too. This eye opening info sort of relates to the above photo. I guess you'll have to wait for the book to see what we discovered. It's funny how almost always the truth is so obvious if we take a step back and view the drama from a different perspective. There of course is always a certain amount of sadness associated with the truth and I'm guessing that's why so many of my family refuse to see it. Oh well. What isn't hereditary can still destroy us with dysfunctional values. My family has become a hall of mirrors with similarities not only in physical likeness, but more disturbingly, behaviorally. I want to be my own person. I want to gain my footing before the Hierarchy of Oppression that we call a family tree comes crashing down. Already it's begun... the struggle for dominance. Cain killed Abel for family power.... I guess my family could have learned their lessons from the bible. It would be easier for most of my [current] siblings if they could just see the obvious. I shake my head and sigh sadly, because I'm not telling them. They have to see it on their own.... nobody can show them. I believe they'll probably just have to read it, but then it'll be too late.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does the carpet match the drapes?

If so - Im scared..