7.10.08

A Little Treat

First, I'd like to say I have No Clue why this blog is all bunched up.
I have checked my photos.... I've checked text placement..... I've
deleted and reposted twice just in case there was some sort of glitch.
I'm going to place blame directly on the Blogger Staff in hopes that
one of them read it and promptly tell me what I did wrong. I'm just
about ready to delete this account anyhow. I've been using another
blog site and it's much easier and has more features. So for whatever
it's worth, I apologize for the jumbled text on this post.
Enjoy!!
Moving right along on his latest project, Steve has almost completed our most recent attempt to scare the hell out of the Harpers Ferry Ghost Tours. With only one more piece to attach, the air compressor purchased and on stand by in the utility room, we're just about ready for HOURS of urine inducing fun. I say Urine inducing because on too many occasions to count we've scared the ghost tour only to hear them exclaim how they almost peed themselves. I can't wait!!!
Steve was so proud of his new gadget. So happy he even posed for me, Sarah Palin style. No Bear or Wolf hunting around here though, only the occasional lost touron. Here we have a gift from Roux. She decided, either Steve's wine would taste better with a rawhide soaking in it, or she wanted to soak her rawhide to make it taste better.... we're not sure. The rawhide AND the wine got tossed. She's started some pretty sneaky behavior. We're so used to being able to leave stuff on the coffee table and leave the room. NOT ANY MORE!!!! She's fast too.... I can get up.... leave the room and before I REMEMBER I left a glass or a plate or a remote or a pen..... Anything.... she has it and gone. Fast little demon, I swear. Well this time she dropped her chew in Steve's wine, and was very upset about it too. Oh Well. Fall is officially here as we're all aware, but now it is also in our home. I made the first Pumpkin Pie of the season. It was SO good. This is my first year experimenting with Gluten free crusts. Gluten free baking for that matter. I'd have to say... I'm getting pretty good. Soy flours bake too dark..... rice flours are almost too fine, but the brown rice flour and garbanzo bean four are terrific. I'm getting a little better with the mixtures and the additives... like xanthan gum and rennet. Eventually my goal is to make a gluten free doughnut.... I miss doughnuts. For now I can settle for Pumpkin Pie. Today while grocery shopping I wanted something sweet and ended up buying cottage cheese. I'm not sure who I've become. I don't consider this a flattering photo, but I took it when I received one of those STUPID e-mails that tells you to take your picture right now and post it. Well I didn't post it then..... I had to photo shop it first. It was a boring gray day.... LOL! We've almost gotten all our kitties Chipped. Moby is the last one, but right now she's recovering from a leg wound she got from fighting yet another stray cat. I really am over all the strays around here. Now there's another litter or two living across the street at one of the restaurants. Oh yes.... they're cute and all... until they all start pissing at your back door. Then they get older.... and they become possessed. This cute little fella.... I'm sure he was at one time in his life...... has gotten so bold he pushes his way through OUR cat doors into our home. Not Any More. Evil little pussy went for a ride this morning. On our way out we had to stop and take a picture of this political advert. It's freaking HUGE!!! Easily 15ft high. I didn't get a picture of the back side, but it has a HUGE "Bill of Rights" on it. What the hell.... isn't there some law about the size of these things? I wonder if he has a permit from the Chamber of Commerce. If you put a little business sign along the highway they can fine you without a permit. THIS monstrosity is just an eyesore and another sad, sad, in your face, example of what G W Bush has done to this country. His lack of leadership and poor example of what he "thoughted" was "leadersomeship", has trickled down to small town America. If there IS a god...... please save us in November. As bad as it might seem from time to time.... we always have loyal unquestionable love waiting for us. Dash and Roux sat quietly by as I was out walking the roadside taking pics of red white and blue ignorance. Signs such as this one should be removed and the candidate fined...... and That's just for using our flags colors. By using red white and blue they subliminally present themselves as patriotic. WHATEVER. Sadly, Mr Ashbaugh lost my vote simply because he left this crap in my town. Maybe Dash and Roux could have left him a little treat...... perhaps on our next walk.

No comments: