4.2.09

The Life of a Dog

Tuesday Morning 8am...... It started by exiling Dash, Roux and Maggie to the patio. I gave them treats... bones... and toys, because they would be out there for AWHILE!!! I have to disassemble the dining room.... move it to the living room and install linoleum over our 169 yr old wood floor. If this was where the puppies would be venturing out once they got old enough to walk, I didn't want them destroying my floor. Eventually I got all the furniture out and until I could get the linoleum cut... the only thing left in there were Maggie and the pups. Yes..... I had to bring her in from time to time to feed her babies. Meanwhile, the living room looked like we just moved in...... As much upheaval as puppies cause.... I stay busy... I get exercise and best of all.... I throw away A LOT of crap when I have to move a room in my home. It's amazing just how unimportant something can become when you have to find it a new storage place. Suddenly, you're like.... " I'm not keeping this "... BUH BYE!!! .... and in the trash it goes. Pretty soon I realized it was like 5pm and I still needed to put furniture back in place. Not that I need to have the house all in order by the time Steve gets home, but I'd like to think dinner time is MY time to relax as well. Trying not to think I had become one of those "staged" home improvement shows... I rushed around at the last minute... placing furniture and accessories. A throw rug here... a lamp there and TA-DA..... I was ready to bring back in the pups. Pups, which by the way, never realized they had been drug through the house on a blanket. Apparently when full of milk... they can sleep through ANYTHING!!!
Maggie, now completely reassured that her pups were once again safe and that she had plenty of food and water, settled down in her new Hip Pad.
Ahhhhh!!! The life of a dog... well, THIS Dog.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

Hey! The linoleum looks awesome (and very poopy proof... Love the pics and can't wait to see them again