skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Well the day had come. The pups were to meet and go home with their new families.
Steve and I loaded them into the jeep with plenty of blankets.. their toys, birth certificate and bags just in case we had poopage on the way.
Just across the bridge I stopped for the first of three stops in order to remove the smelliest gift a puppy could give. Oh the Gods must have been laughing... after those other two perfect road trips, I so proudly told everyone about... karma had come back to kick me down south.
We arrived plenty early to the Petco, so we just set up comfortable camp in the parking lot.
These little bunnies are comfortable anywhere, but that might just be because they trust me completely.
Of course I had to remove a couple more stinky blankets, and no sooner did I finish fluffing their little bed in the back of the jeep, they were all asleep once more.
Sweet little bunnies.
Beth arrived, we gave the puppies their next set of shots and loaded them into the cart for their trip into the store. We still had three pups to find homes for.... Winnie, Nona and Roxie. Applications had been filled out, but the approval process still needed finished and more importantly, those people needed to show up.
One by one, as the hours passed, I lifted each pup and passed them to the outstretched arms of their new parents. With each pup, I held them close to my heart so they could hear it one last time. I kissed them goodbye and wished them lots of love. Each time the tears swelled, but I kept them hidden. After all, they weren't being put to sleep, they were going to their new exciting life. It was still painful no matter how hard I tried to make myself believe it wasn't.
Eventually the two families that adopted Nona, Roxie and Winnie arrived, made their decisions and headed out with their newest family member in their arms.
Roxie and Nona will be sisters in the same home... Yay for them!!
Three O-Clock rolled around, I folded up the empty kennel, picked up the discarded puppy toys, folded the quilt and looked around one last time hoping there was still just one puppy hiding somewhere waiting for me to sneak them back home. No such luck though. I said my goodbyes to the other fosters and headed home.
It was a quiet drive and only once along the way did those tears I told you about earlier ever surface. That was about 5 minutes after I left until 5 minutes before I got home. I had another little episode this morning, but I know they're fine and I did a good job and I just have to warn anyone who thinks I need consoling..... don't worry. I won't respond well to words of encouragement right now. My babies have been cut out of my heart and I'll get over it in time.... my own way. I aware that my job is done and I did a good one, but I refuse to be convinced they're in a better place.
Anyhow, I had a few other pics I thought should be posted, but I'm suffering photoheimers this morning... which means I can't remember where the hell I filed certain pics.
Here's one of Highway. I got the bow tie off a stuffed animal and had a few pups pose with it on.
Highway was just so handsome!!
My Perfect Ten have all moved on. I've already received one call this morning from a panicked new mom. Little Midge apparently had been crying for two hours and they just didn't know what to do. I suggested a little peanut butter to distract her from her loneliness. I haven't heard back so it must have worked.
I hope I hear from them all and I hope they send LOTS of pictures.
My house has fallen almost silent and although my heart still hurts.... Dash n Roux and Steve are giving it reason to keep on beating.
Sigh!! Goodbye my little bunnies, my little piggies, my little friends.
I wish you health and happiness and most of all, Unimaginable amounts of Love.
3 comments:
can you feel the virtual hugs and kisses coming your way...
wow deany.. sometimes when i read your blogs its like reading a hallmark card - on crack.
that was great.
you gave those guys such a great chance for the start of their lives..
I miss them too... you're a good Mom...
Post a Comment