First, let me say that Buddy's had a serious reprieve. Terry and Bob are taking him to a couple who train dogs who exhibit occasional aggressive tendencies. Actually they probably train dogs to not be so sensitive to the situations that get them all worked up. More importantly they'll hopefully train Terry and Bob how to notice each situation before it gets out of hand. Kudos to them both for taking this action. As hard as it is to make the decision to put an animal down, it takes more strength to commit to that animals rehabilitation.
YAY for Buddy!!!!!
Maddy, Our newest foster has been to the vet and, with the exception of hook worms, she had a clean check-up. The general consensus is that she's a Boxer/Boston Terrier Mix. Weighing in at a dainty 42.7 lbs.
They figure her to be about 1yr old and unsure whether or not she's pregnant at this time. It doesn't matter though, because we're having her spayed on the 9th. If she is with pups, well, as sad as it sounds, she doesn't need to be having unwanted babies.
I advertised her yesterday and now have the daunting task of filtering through all the replies.
From, "what's a reasonable donation" to "is she afraid of people who yell a lot".... WTF???!!!??!!
The donation question was legit, because as payment, I asked for a reasonable donation to be made to the BCHS. I figured it to be the cost of at least 4 large bags of dog food..... OR 4 large bags of dog food. (It's not rocket science)
Today I'll be turning her loose at the playground to see how she responds to screaming children.
I'm kidding here people....... I will take her though, and as hard as it may be... I'll even pretend to like it myself. I wouldn't want my disgust of inbred babies and chain smoking mothers to influence Maddy.
Maybe I should rethink this and have someone else take her.... LOL!!
Yesterday I did a home visit for two of Maggie's pups. Maggie was the Carolina Dog we fostered last January. She had the 10 beautiful puppies on Inauguration Day.
All the way to Baltimore for some of the best puppy kisses I've had in a long time. Roxy and Nona are now known as Olive and Leda.
It's funny how grown dogs can remember people and things from when they were babies. All of Maggie's pups used to chew on my beard. It started when I would nuzzle them with it while bottle feeding them. Well yesterday, they let me 3 ft in the door, before I had to get on the floor with them. Both of them at the same time grabbed for my beard. Now, mind you, it's sweet when they're puppies, but these two girls have gotten healthier and their teeth were a little bigger. I still let them do it.... I loved being reunited with them. I'm part of their pack and always will be.
Roxy/Olive was the only one of the puppies who used to crawl onto my shoulder. She was my little mountain goat, I used to call her. Well yesterday was no different. here was this 5o+lb dog laying across my shoulders..... I absolutely LOVED it!!!!
Kind of freaked out her owners at first, but they realized why she was doing it. "Mama had come home", so says Steve.
Anyhow, they're both doing Great and it was sad to leave them again, but they're more than happy in their home. They've two children, but one is just 1 yr old and a constant feeding machine for both pups. Why would they want to go anywhere else!!! :-)
So that's the Pupdate for today.
If anyone local can watch a mama dog and her 12 pups the first week of Sept, let me know. JCHS needs a temp. foster family. The lady fostering them now has to go out of town that week and if the unvaccinated pups are taken back into the shelter, they could end up contracting some airborne disease and dying.
Also, All4theanimals rescue is looking for loving foster families as well. Be a saint and turn YOUR sofa into a dog bed!!!
2 comments:
wait till Olive is 80 or more pounds and wants to jump on your shoulders LOL!
OMG! We are adopting Maggie - a Boston Terrier/Boxer?,Spaniel?,Dalmation? mix! She should be ours by next weekend. 'We' have to finish fencing the front yard and we'll get with the fosters and make the arrangements then. Shannon and Lou are REALLY excited. I am really excited too, but they are just too funny. She came last weekend for a home visit. She likes us. We have a picture of her on the frig and Shannon keeps checking it out and signing dog. Maggie will be a great addition to our family and I think Maggie and Shannon will be BFF.
Post a Comment