The kittens opened their eyes today as well. I've been watching them very closely the past few days... mostly because one of them is sick. I've been supplementing the usual feedings with some formula, but it's just not helping one of them.
The little fella, 2nd from the right is not gaining. I know nature has a plan for all creatures, but I really hate seeing it none-the-less.
Another angel went to Rainbows Bridge today.
Ill bury this little boy out front in the new planter. I've already designed him a headstone.
Got a call late last night from our neighbor and contractor. He had attempted to live trap a groundhog that's been eating his garden and had inadvertently caught the largest and meanest ferrel cat I'd ever seen.
This fella was missing an eye, part of his ear, a couple toes and had patches of fur missing all over his body from fighting. There was only one thing to do with this guy.
I had him dropped off at my home so I could take him tot he shelter and have his put down.
I fancied for a brief moment that I could calm and rehabilitate this guy and then he went crazy in the trap and almost got my whole arm. I've trapped other cats before who let me take them out of the cage. This guy would have none of that. He was done on this earth.
I really hate being burdened with these decisions. I guess someone has to do it though. I gave him some really great cat food for his last meal and he promptly crapped in the back of my Jeep. WHEN am I gonna get this Karma payed back???
Off to Rainbows Bridge Big Man. Play nice when you get there and remember the people and the situation that caused your heartache wasn't your fault.
My friend Maryanna came along with me on my errands today and after our shelter visit we headed to Goodwill. I love thrift stores and our plan was to hit several... ending up at the Op Shop in Charles Town. I stopped at the animal hospital, switched from A4TA to Crested Guardians. Now CG can get reduced vet care for any dogs I foster for them.
Picked up the records for Nemo and made Emmas appt.
We drove to the feed store to get chicken feed and off to our final destination, only to discover it cosed for the day. Ugh!!
One last goodwill and we were done. Back home after a somewhat relaxing day of shopping and laughing combined with a little tragedy and heartache.
Like I said earlier, Steve's been in The UK this week and returns home today.
His absolute joy these past few weeks has been our new copper gutters. He just sits out on the front porch and admires them. Well, our research has shown us that it takes YEARS to get that old world green patina that we're hoping for. There's also the slight chance that they'll turn black.
So, while he was out of town, I cheated and turned the gutters green.
An old contractors trick was to have the workers urinate on the copper.
The chemicals in the urine react with the copper and BAMM!!! Green Copper Gutters.
The hardest part and to some of you the grossest part was hanging off the 40ft ladder under the spray of urine. Yes, I took many showers that day...... Literally!
Just think how happy Steve will be now, to have his patina'd copper gutters!!!
I can't wait to see his smile when he sees them!!!
What seemed like a nasty task for me.... well,
It's all in a days work I reckon!!
1 comment:
Thanks for the update, good to hear the details. Sorry about baby kitty, and that mean feral cat. Glad you didn't keep the name "Chemo" for Emma! When you said you switched from A4TA does that mean you're really done with them? Will you ever come our way?? :(
Trying not to think too much about yellow rain, eeww.
Post a Comment