You know, Ive been chastised recently for not posting. Apparently there's been some really cool shit happening in my life and I'm just sittin back enjoying it and not sharing.
Well I have a confession.... I'm not the superhero people thought I was. I obviously still suffer from some sort of genetically inbred inability to deal with stress and when it gets too bad, it makes my brain hurt. I can preach the sermon, but I can't sit still in the pew and listen to my own advice. After weeks of family visits added to local crazy crap and the occasional toilet leaking into my kitchen, emergency..... my brain is incapable of writing anything worth reading, so here I am ranting.
I believe that to bitch without a solution only makes you part of the problem, so I promise by the end of my verbal assault on whatever it is thats got my brain constipated, I'll see the light or at least see them coming down my street.
Before I could even begin writing I had to turn off ABBA. For some reason I thought they might create a soothing melodious background, but "Fernando" is just not doing it. The only thing "in the air" around here are Dashs farts.
I really shouldn't have any issues. I'm living the life basically. I've got a GREAT partner, a GREAT home, and um..... well..... my attempt at world domination failed, but locally I have them all thinking I'm insane, so at least they'll leave me alone!!
July 9th 2007 my sister Patsy died. The anniversary of that tragic day has just passed.
I HATE how as a society we feel the need to put so much freaking emphasis on remembering all the terrible things that happen.
I guess the part of my sisters death that makes it so hard was the suddenness of it.
There wasn't an autopsy so we really don't know how or why she died. Some country-ass doctor just decided because she was obese and diabetic and on meds that he could assume why and how she died and the ones that had taken "POSSESSED CONTROL" of the situation went with his diagnosis.
I don't guess it really matters. She's gone and for the last year she's visited many times and given us many signs as to her presence. I've enjoyed having her here from time to time.
The possessed ones who decided to ruin my last memories of my sister have to live with themselves and I DO NOT have to live with them.
Her passing, as well as the anniversary of it, was still hard and although I tried to pretend it didn't bother me, I couldn't help but think about her every day.
One of my favorite nieces was here for a visit and reading through our guest book came across this entry.....
"May 10, 2002
Enjoyed my visit and stay in Harpers Ferry, WV. The sounds of the trains passing are so relaxing to me. I like the home with one exception. The stairs are a real killer. The young can handle mountain climbing to reach your front door, but not those of a few years.
See you again soon!!
As Always,
Patsy"

So there you have it.... laid out, and I guess I do too. More and more these days those veins of mine are more exposed than ever.
During moments.. days.... weeks of intensely stressful situations.... I either break down or shut down. Auto Pilot is not a good thing, because eventually I have to switch off of battery power and that's usually when it I realize I'm outta gas.
Maybe I'll learn one day to just let it out when it needs to pour. Maybe?
2 comments:
sorry to add to it, friend...
I just now got a chance to see you blog, and I want to thank you from my heart for sharing. While you might feel it is ranting, there is a lot of truth in what you write, and that is healing to those who read it. As for Mom, I know she LOVED the trains! Always! It was fun to read through her papers and find a letter she wrote about when she was in the Army and met Dad, because in that letter, she told about how he drove her to a place where they could sit and watch the trains go by, and that is when and where he proposed to her. I don't know if she liked trains so much before that, or if that just added to her love of trains we all knew, but I know she never told us how he proposed. It all makes so much sense now. :) I'm so glad you have the trains by your house so she could enjoy them so much. It's also nice to notice that when certain dates or times come up, that it seems our phone conversations are accentuated by having to pause to wait for the trains to go by, when on other days that never seems to be the case. Yet another sign... Thanks for sharing and for being all that you are, just by being you. Love always, me.
Post a Comment