8.9.08
Meet Siena!!
Meet Siena!!
She's the latest addition to our family. Yesterday I called Berkeley County Humane Society just to see if they had any small sized dogs and was told they had nothing but big bigger and freakin huge. Well today I stopped in on a whim just to see all the poor little doggies abandoned by humans not responsible enough to own a sponge. The lady I had spoken to was correct. There were some GINORMOUS Dogs in there, but there was also this little girl.
She and her brother who was a lot lighter in color, had been dropped off right before closing yesterday.
They estimated her to be around 8 - 10 wks old, and although she looks older and I totally thought she was older, she's still gettin her puppy teeth and still has all the puppy clumsiness.
There really is no way to tell exactly what she is without DNA testing and we're just not going to worry about it. I put "cute" in the breed box when I dropped her off to be bathed.
She's more than likely a cross between two of four possibilities......
Jack Russell, Beagle, Chihuahua, and Miniature Pinscher.
We're going more with Jack Russell and it's possible she's all Jack Russell.
We'll find out eventually or we won't. I don't care. Her breed for now is "Cute" and I'm sure one day we'll add "Smart" to that!!!
Whatever the cross is it really doesn't matter because she's ours now and she's a cool little girl.
Dash was a little concerned when we first brought her in and I'd have to say so was she, but it's been several hours now and she simply blows by the cats, thinks Dash is a giant furry pillow and has attached herself to my leg.
She so much tinier than any dog we've ever had.... kinda hard to get used to.
Steve says Dash was this tiny when he came home, but I've looked at the pictures.... NOT!!
So, Siena has arrived. We named her Siena because today is Sept 8th. Today was the birthday of St Bernardino of Siena. Not that I care about St Bernardino, but Siena was one of our favorite cities that we visited while in Italy and Siena is the color of her fur.
St Bernardino just happened to be a Franciscan Missionary around the early 1400's, that preached the evils of sodomy.
He preached it everywhere.... he was famous for his hatred of sodomy.... Me thinks he protested too much.
Anyhow, we're so happy to have our new little girl with us. Siena hopefully will grow to be as cool and relaxed as Dash. I swear if she starts doing the Jack Russell bounce I'm gonna make her a velcro suit and velcro strip a door frame!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment