10.7.10
New/old friends and doggies too
Finally some relief from a very weary week.
The rain came.... slowly falling and soaking the parched hillside out back.
Even the chickens quietly sat and enjoyed their little bath before going into the henhouse. Still this morning... rain falling silently, warm but cool at the same time. I love the rain. I'm taking my coffee to the front porch here shortly.
We had some of the nicest company last night.
Kate, who I met when I was assisting with ESL class and her partner Cherie joined us for the evening. What a terrific way to spend a friday night.
Neither of them had ever been here before so we got to do the whole tour and explain how wonderful where live is and why we never want to leave it.
LOL... Such a wonderful story, and I do love sharing it.
Our first time meeting Cherie and definitely not our last. Have you ever met someone and felt as if you've known them your whole life? This was the case with Kate n Cherie. I hope to become the kind of friends with these two that will stand the test of time and drama.
Two real spirits that can light up a room with their kind smiles.
We talked and visited and ate and drank and laughed like we'd known each other for years, and when it was finally time for them to go, it was hugs and promises of the next time and who would visit who.
I walked them to their car still chatting away like good friends do and once they were safely there, I waved goodbye to our new/old friends and headed back down the hill as the rain started to fall. I paused a few times just to feel it on my face.
Once to shuffle the last two hens in the henhouse and back in our house for a few moments with Steve, before we crashed to our pillows.
The dogs were perfect tonight. they all greeted our guests as if they had just returned home from a long journey, and then promptly found their place and parked themselves on it. Having this many dogs can be a chore, but when they're all this wonderful, it's no stress.
Still missing Nemo... thought about him a lot yesterday. At one point when I was calling the dogs in from outside, I even called for him. Oh Nemo, I hope you're happy fella.
Today is Sat. Coco goes to the BCHS to get her rabies shot at 11:45.
This is in case the poodle rescue up in MD somewhere takes him.
My hope is that Briggs Animal Adoption Center will take Coco AND Muffin.
I took both of them there yesterday to meet the intake staff.
Their fear is not being able to place a dog that's 7 yrs old, and they're both 7.
How about being able to place an already altered, house broken, socialized dog that has no issues. Is age discrimination really something we have to dump on our less fortunate k9 companions? Christ... it's bad enough that they were discarded by some lame-ass loser who should never be able to own a dog, now they're just old and should be put down. Why, so we can make room for all the cute little puppies the breeders are still pumping out.
Now see... I got started on puppy breeders.... I hate them. Don't care if you are one or know one. Breeders are evil.... just visit the pound once and see the faces of all the unwanted dogs and cats and then tell me it's ok to force more into this world.
My punishment to anyone who drops their dog off at a shelter would be to force them to eat the dog that got euthanized to make room for theirs.
Yes, if they can't help with the overcrowded situation that they created, then they have to keep the dog and get over whatever petty excuse they were using to dump their dog. Grow up and be responsible for a change. If you can't afford the dogs food... quit that nasty smoking habit and use that money to buy them something to eat.
I guess in the end the dogs are better off in the shelter than with the morons that claim they "loved the little dog" . I may vomit.
So, I'm going to go wrap myself in warm memories of last nights guests and that's going to get me through this day of dealing with dogs and rescues and shelters.
Paul n Keith are coming this morning to get their two kittens.
I have no idea what they named them... (I think it's been changed a few times). I do know that these two kittens are going to be the most spoiled cats I'll know.
Guaranteed!!!
It's 8:30, time for me to go feed the chickens and pay attention to the whining dogs at my feet. Have a great weekend everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment