13.7.10

What's your Favorite Spice

Yesterday, was a down day. I did something to my ankle almost two weeks ago and it's still bothering me. Well, I did trip on the back steps and twist it and then day before yesterday I tripped over a piece of rebar and strained it. I guess a down day was good. I got piddly shit done though.... like sewing and organizing my fosters records. I did go to Mal-Wart and get my drugs... YAY!! Not caring right now about my ankle!! The BIG NEWS about yesterday, was that Kai stayed home with the rest of the pack while I went out. My anxiety ridden, neurotic little boy rested peacefully at home while I went about my errands, totally not concerned about his behavior. I was right. He did great!!! Just like always... I walked right past the dogs when I got home. They don't get acknowledged until after they calm down. That was fine for Kai and he accepted his treat reward with calm excitement. I'm so happy his rehab is going well so far. Not that his adopted family did anything wrong, but like I often say and like I told them.... Sometimes the behavior is situational. Kai, as content as he may have appeared to them, was not right for them. He's a pack dog and SO NOT AND ALPHA. He needs another dog around to fill that roll or he gets nervous. No problem here since he's currently one of 9 dogs. Today will be his second chance to prove to me he's getting better. Emma has her visit to the cardiologist at 10 am. I'm probably a hateful person for saying this, but a 10 yr old dog that morbidly obese..... is that really worth a $500.00 procedure? It's not my money, so I'll have her there. I know, it's like saying Grandma's old let put her in a home, and stop buying her all those expensive drugs. I'm just sayin!! Helping one at a time I reckon is just getting to me when I see every day so many more discarded. HA!!! My latest idea is to force every scum sucker that surrenders their dog to eat a bowl of dog pudding made from the dog who was euthanized to make space for theirs. That's right...one in.... one out, only you have to eat the one leaving. Of course you do have the option of slapping yourself and saying, "Hey, maybe I'll be a responsible pet owner"!!! Not likely gonna happen, so what's your favorite spice. Well, I'm off with Emma, and anyone with trendy dog pudding recipes, please feel free to submit. I prefer the ones with small chunks left in. Hug your pet and be proud that you're not eating them.

No comments: