What a messed up day.
It started out great and slowly picked up speed down hill. It was headed directly for a giant pile of, festering in the sun, shit.
I guess I'm exaggerating a bit, but a few of the people I had to deal with made it seem like hell.
Despite all the aggravation and the head games and the annoying phone calls with dimwitted twats, a few good things did happen today.
Muffin, the Schnauzer is now in her new home with her great new family.
She got adopted by a young military couple whose family also have Schnauzers.
Muffin totally took to them as soon as they arrived, which was really nice to see.
Coco is also on her way to her new human.
She almost didn't make it though, because sometime around 2pm I got a call from the BCHS telling me the Cow that left Coco in the overnight drop at the shelter had called wanting to know if they still had him.
That's when the self appointed Nazi COW that runs the shelter told the minimum wage, barely capable of following simples directions staff to tell me I had to return Coco to the shelter so they could return him to the person who abandoned him 3 weeks ago.
I was like... "The HELL I will".
That woman never took Coco to the vet and didn't even know how old he was.
Did I need to remind them that she left him in the middle of the night at the shelter???
Did everyone suffer a freakin brain meltdown or something?
We don't reward irresponsible pet owners with their dog back when they call us.
I took Coco to a transport where he will go to meet his new owner.
BCHS and it's power tripping board president can kiss my ass.
I may need medication after today.... some people just never know to leave my last nerve alone.
On a good happy note.....
I also picked up a new puppy at the same time.
Some douche bag on Craigslist posted that his puppy "HAD TO GO NOW", "BEFORE IT PISSED ANYMORE IN HIS HOUSE".
This cute little Border Collie is 10 weeks old.
I called the guy and he told me there were like a dozen other people in line ahead of me.
I said thank you, wished him luck and hung up.
An hour later he called back telling me she was available.
I had people coming to meet Muffin though and couldn't go right away.
His response.... "I don't care as long as she's the F%#K out of my house by tonight.
I made a call and asked a friend to pick her up.
He really was a douche. Dickheads like him need to be castrated.
I picked up this sweet little girl in Martinsburg.
Kai has been having a blast with her... well all the dogs have been playing with her.
She's so much life. I forgot what it was like to have a puppy in the house.
She's a little shy of men and that's most likely because of her short stay with Sir Douche.
I'll get her over her fear though and on her way to a new family soon enough.
She's wearing the hell out of all the dogs here.
She's even got the Cresteds playing!
I've never had a Border Collie in the house... well not a puppy.
Looks like I'm in for some really tiring playtime. She's non-stop!!
Even with a new puppy running back and forth and causing mayhem....
it's so quiet with Muffin gone.
Schnauzers really are loud.
Poor Coco... I tried to like him, but I just couldn't help it... he was a poodle.
I kept apologizing to him... telling him how sorry I was that he was a poodle.
He didn't seem to care and would lick my nose.
It's 10pm and I'm tired.
Oh yeah... I forgot about the earthquake this morning.
Steve and I totally did not feel it.
The dogs however knew it was coming.
4:52am Dash n Kai jumped on the bed and Muffin and Coco and Echo who were upstairs, started barking and whining.
All the dogs were upset and we couldn't calm them down.
I guess they knew something was up.
I just rolled over and yelled ... "Why an I Awake"???
The first day this week I didn't have to be up at 5am and the dogs woke me up.
I was furious and all I could do was roll over and cover my head.
Later when we read about the earthquake, we realized how the dogs must've felt it and tried to warn us.
I love my pack!!!
3 comments:
I gotta tell you...1st, you may need to have a margarita or whiskey sour this weekend, but 2nd, I LOVE that pic of Dash and the new collie!
On our road trip, we've seen some pretty sad sights, along with all the wonderful company and other fun things. I truly wonder what the purpose of "stupid people" is on this earth. I mean, Really! The house next to my uncle is boarded up, inhabited by severely uneducated losers (as in, most not past 8th grade), and about 50 inbred cats. Fortunately, it goes to auction next week and will likely be demolished within the year. I tell you...
Those pooches are really lucky to have a guy like you helping them.
LOVE THE PUPPY! I'm glad you scour Craigslist for Douchebag postings of dogs. Way to go saving Coco before those idiots gave her back to the previous owner!
Oh, might I add: Damn you, Dean, I didn't even think to look at pets on Craigslist! Now I have another place to randomly browse... Can't stand when people give away their perfectly good dog. Ugh.
Post a Comment